Mangaminx's Lair
    Hi, and welcome to Mangaminx's Lair! I'm Mangaminx, a 21 year old female anime and manga fan, and this is my blog. Here you will find lots of reviews/screenshots and other features for your yuri anime needs! Feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment! Thanks to the amazing Melainy for my latest banner!
Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Weekly Thoughts - Summer Season Blues
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Ah it's that time of year yet again the time when all those anime blogs out there do their Summer Season preview! With July looming ever close and another deluge of shows about to be released I thought it high time I looked through the shows in detail to see if there's any that catch my eye. Unfortunately for the first time in a while, there's certainly no titles coming that scream "watch me" and there's more than a few that already scream "burn me" just from the current information available on them. Anyway for my weekly thoughts this week here are my view on a few of the titles coming out over the next few months, knowing my luck I shall probably say something is crap then embarrassingly love the show when it is launches ;).

Binbou Shimai Monogatari
Two poor girl's, fending for themselves in the big cruel world. Probably loads of "slice of life" type situations and them coping against all odds. 10 Episodes. Am I interested in this? Well, despite my reservations it'll be snore inducing I shall be giving it a whirl. Probably not blogging or anything, but that remains to be seen.

Honey And Clover II
Honey and Clover II without a doubt seems to be one of the biggest titles of this season and considering how popular the original was I can't say I'm surprised. Unfortunately I fell into the minority who found H&C about as enjoyable as watching paint drying and aside from the dancing food (that was so great) I nearly nodded off watching the original series. The boredom was only interrupted by the occasional mad urge to kill Morita.

Kemono Zume
Wow that arms got to me uncomfortable to sleep on, was my first thought after seeing this image (which you've probably seen a million times by now). The artwork certainly looks interesting if the artwork in the actual anime is similar. Love story between a woman who's a monster and a guy who hunts monsters apparently. This might be interesting and could have lots of angst and some good horror content. Will check it out.

NHK

An anime about anime otakus! Hmmm, now where have I seen that before? To be fair I know zero about NHK other than the manga is hugely popular and it makes me think of Genshiken purely because of the "anime about otakus" link. Will I be watching it? Probably not.

Tsuyokiss
There's been plenty of discussion about tsundere characters lately in the blogging community. To be quite honest with you regardless of the definition of the word, this anime looks to be the equivalent of elephant dung in more than a few ways. Don't get me started on how merely viewing the little animations on the main website of the show managed to irritate me, don't get me started on how much the concept of a "tsundere animation" irritates me. CoolXSweet? More like VeryXCrap.

UFO Princess Valkyrie: Toki to Yume to Ginga no Utage

Kill it. Kill it NOW.

Coyote Ragtime Show
Ooooh, it's like a western, just like Bebop and erm Gun X Sword and erm well.. Burst Angel I guess. This looks like it could be fun in a totally mindless way. It looks beautifully animated, fast paced and explosive and the trailer certainly managed to appeal to me more than any of the others available this season. Character designs look decent enough although I'm dubious if my low tolerance of maid outfits will push me into stopping this even if I like other aspects. Will try this and probably blog a few episodes too.

Le Chevalier D'Eon
Rose Of Versailles has put me in the mood for series set in similar time periods although this show offers completely the opposite kind of cross dressing that RoV does. Spies, demons and cults and stuff, could Production I.G be onto a winner? Hopefully yes, but I'll reserve judgment till I see it. Probably watching and blogging.


It's a shame to say while Coyote and Chevalier look mildly interesting nothing this season is something I'd rush to watch as soon as it was out.

That's it for my spring preview anyway! I know I haven't posted Joshi Kousei 11 summary yet this week but it will be soon.

posted by Mangaminx On Saturday, June 17, 2006  
3 Comments:
  • On Saturday, 17 June, 2006, Anonymous Hopeless said…

    Out of the new shows, Bokura ga Ita is the main one to look out for from my perspective because it seems to combine the staff from two of my favourite shows with the sort of romance I love, even if the concept may grate.

    It does seem like a poor season for yuri, really. What exactly is UFO Princess Valkyrie... beyond the horrendous title?

     
  • On Saturday, 17 June, 2006, Blogger Mangaminx said…

    It is indeed a poor season for yuri *sniffs*, oh well I shall cross my fingers for next time.

    UFO princess Valkyrie is a franchise (I "think" the series I mentioned is its fourth incarnation) which has a lot of fanservice, hideous character designs and more fanservice.

     
  • On Monday, 26 June, 2006, Anonymous shinigami9 said…

    We were just talking yesterday about how crap like UFO Valkyrie has 3 seasons, and... there is a 4th one? (Good thing I have no my faith in humanity left or I might have been traumatized.) The scariest part is that I might end up watching it as part of the THEM synchro sessions. lol.

    I've read the links you gave for Tsuyokiss and I've just cut it from my "give it a try" list, along with some what's-its-name that looked awfully like a harem. I am very unexcited about the summer season.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About This Blog And Me
Current Series
Recently Finished
Blog Index
Other Stuff
© 2005 Mangaminx's Lair Template by Isnaini Dot Com