Mangaminx's Lair
    Hi, and welcome to Mangaminx's Lair! I'm Mangaminx, a 21 year old female anime and manga fan, and this is my blog. Here you will find lots of reviews/screenshots and other features for your yuri anime needs! Feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment! Thanks to the amazing Melainy for my latest banner!
Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Simoun 08
Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Late post, and I'll be keeping it brief this week as I'm pretty tired just my general thoughts on the episode. First of it's time to say that Simoun has once again delivered an episode better than all it's previous ones. There's angsting, flashback, the most action so far and Neviriru finally getting off her backside and rising to the occasion. If you were put off by episode one I'm going to use this opportunity to say give the show another chance, its great!





Mamiina@angsting mode, although she doesn't look as upset as she did at the end of last week (can you say psycho in the making?). Interesting that Rodoraemon was the only person to bother comforting Mamiina, presumably as they knew each other in the past. I have quite a lot of interest in Mamiina as a character as she has the potential to bring some very volatile situations and drama into the anime as it progresses which I don't think is really present in the rest of the Simoun squad. Anyway, an envoy from Plumbum has arrived complete with four priestesses and things are about to kick off rather unexpectedly and on a big scale as a result.




Never trust girls with weird symbols on their heads. That's what I always say. As far as I'm concerned the priestesses boarding the ship screamed "freaky" from the get go and I wasn't at all surprised by further events. On an unrelated note, Aeru was pretty funny here the expressions were great. Maybe the first time the shows made me laugh.





Flashback time for Mamiina, clear she is sticking round as a character after development like this. The main thing I found interesting here was the Simoun's seemed to be protecting a ground base (lol the weapons the guards had here were like pea shooters I thought), so they evidently don't souley travel around using the larger ships as hangers. Mamiina is evidently a very headstrong girl and brave judging by her actions here.. (I thought so anyway), but she has become a very unstable and volatile person in present day.




Wasn't really that important scene, but this brief exchange between Rimone and Dominura made me laugh. Little Rimone can certainly stand up for herself.





Of course, the priestesses are not worth trusting and everything speedily gets out of hand this week. Kaimu is taken hostage at gunpoint by one of them and everyone is rather helpless. Alti is obviously the most shocked by all this and she is boiling with rage having to be restrained by Morinas, Alti is most definitely having more than sisterly feelings for Kaimu and I'm interested in seeing how that sub-plot is going to play out (presumably with excessive amounts of angsts) by the end of the show (hopefully it'll be dealt with). The psychotic looks the priestesses give here are great and the attack on the Arcus Prima begins in earnest, it's all a ambush. Cue massive explosion accompanied by an awesome watercolour still which I was so impressed with at the time I forgot to screencap. Sorry. But hey at least all the Corp Tempus are still alive.





Kamikaze? The rest of the Plumbum envoy seem rather eager to shoot themselves once the attacks going well. Mass suicide by the attackers but this is not the end of the onslaught. These events were all very quick happening and very shocking, I mean the last thing you expect is the Arcus Prima to be attacked by suicide bombers, but hey it happens in very dramatic and brutal fashion. The Plumbum vessel opens fire on the Arcus Prima too, causing more and more damage (although to me the attacks didn't look particularly...well explosive).




Neviriru FINALLY does something, she'd been a bit more animated than usual throughout the whole episode and amongst the carnage it is her that summons the strength to go onwards. This scene was wonderful, simply the best so far, Neviriru stands and approaches Aeru across the wreckage evidently wanting her as her pair in this moment of carnage. Everything is perfect, the characters expressions, the wind blowing Neviriru's hair set to the backdrop of the blazing inferno. Everything. I was practically screaming at Aeru to get on her feet and stop doing her weird eye thing and fortunately she did. YAY, the most progress our two heroines have made as a couple? For sure!




Final scene has the Simoun's sweeping into the air as the damaged Arcus Prima is under continued attack. What will happen next? Tune in next time!

Again, sorry for the brief post I may add to this once I have slept!
posted by Mangaminx On Wednesday, May 24, 2006  
2 Comments:
  • On Thursday, 25 May, 2006, Anonymous Matrim said…

    I don't know if it's the best episode so far but it's one of the best for sure.

    "Everything is perfect, the characters expressions, the wind blowing Neviriru's hair set to the backdrop of the blazing inferno. Everything. I was practically screaming at Aeru to get on her feet and stop doing her weird eye thing and fortunately she did. "

    I totally agree...except with the screaming part because I watched it too early in the morning and didn't want to wake up everyone in the building. :) I now want these stupid Plumbian kamikazes to get their asses kicked really hard.
    Moral of the story - when you negotiate with fanatics check them carefully for hidden weapons.

    "As far as I'm concerned the priestesses boarding the ship screamed "freaky" from the get go and I wasn't at all surprised by further events"

    I was actually very surprised. I thought this priestess intended to study carefully the life of the Sybillas and report back and then these Plumbum fellows might try something traitorous.

     
  • On Friday, 26 May, 2006, Blogger Mangaminx said…

    >>I now want these stupid Plumbian kamikazes to get their asses kicked really hard.

    Definately, I am really looking forward to episode 9 now. The series makes me enjoy it more and more each week.




    >>I was actually very surprised. I thought this priestess intended to study carefully the life of the Sybillas and report back and then these Plumbum fellows might try something traitorous.

    It's the blue squiggles on their heads, there was something about them that made me think "sinister" ;) .

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About This Blog And Me
Current Series
Recently Finished
Blog Index
Other Stuff
© 2005 Mangaminx's Lair Template by Isnaini Dot Com