Mangaminx's Lair
    Hi, and welcome to Mangaminx's Lair! I'm Mangaminx, a 21 year old female anime and manga fan, and this is my blog. Here you will find lots of reviews/screenshots and other features for your yuri anime needs! Feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment! Thanks to the amazing Melainy for my latest banner!
Credits

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

Anime: Blood+ - Episode 2
Friday, October 21, 2005


Episode 2: Magic Words

Coming into Episode 2 of Blood+ im not entirely sure what to expect. The first episode failed to inspire me, move me or pretty much do anything except be mildly entertaining. I will say now 52 episodes for a series always feels like too much for me, needlessly dragging out story parts that don't need attention. However we shall see if Blood+ keeps up that habit in episodes to come.

In this episode we finally get to see Saya in action, albeit briefly. Its superbly animated and brutal sequence my main issue with it being its too damn short. Please, after the burst of violence at the start of episode 1, I want a decent fight sequence not about 20-30 seconds which while fun to watch isn't exactly compelling. Saya is fortunately cool enough here to hold my attention for the rest of the episode, which features many a obvious revelation about the plot and Saya's identity.

The ever annoying Kai also features a fair bit in this episode, even picking a fight with "mysterious cello player". He's the sort of irritating testosterone fuelled prat that can really get on my nerves and seeing him wave his fists around like some kind of wind up doll here managed to prove that fact. Although I quite like our mysterious friend who has such a "Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu" vibe its unreal. I could get into this more and more if he and Saya were a beast slaying team and I hope the story develops in that direction. Right now it remains firmly in the average department for me but it's clear it is working on building up the characters. Lots of potential bubbling under the surface.

Overall Episode Score 7/10



posted by Mangaminx On Friday, October 21, 2005  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About This Blog And Me
Current Series
Recently Finished
Blog Index
Other Stuff
© 2005 Mangaminx's Lair Template by Isnaini Dot Com